The energies of the New Year are already flowing in as it pushes out the year of the dragon. The dragon and the snake are both serpents and both are considered lucky symbols in Asia, but are also regarded as unpredictable beings.
Make subtle changes to prepare for this new energy:
1. If you are having negative thoughts, stress, fear or doubt move them aside because the year of the snake will provide what you need.
2. As this is the year of the water snake, welcome the incoming year with water energy represented by the colors black, navy blue or dark green.
3. To reap the generous rewards of the snake energy, you must be cautious in your business, real estate dealings and personal partnerships. Investigate the players and do your homework before you sign any legal documents.
4. The water snake is black like deep water, bringing personal reflection and unexpected changes. A good year to acknowledge the shadow aspects of self. It is a time when planning ahead is very valuable so leave spontaneity behind.
5. The year of the snake can be a prosperity year if you stay on budget and use your talents with conscious intention.
Welcome This Snake with Open Arms
The year of the snake should not make you shudder. Since snakes shed their skin, American Indians believe that they are a symbol of new beginnings. ‘Snake medicine’ is all about transformation and growth. The Chinese understand that their family will never go hungry in the year of the snake. So prepare to celebrate the year of the water snake. It is here bringing you the energy of abundance and endless possibilities!
Pregnancy & birth in the year of the Snake
This is a wonderful year to be pregnant. As it is all about going inward and setting intentions. It also offers a wonderful opportunity for transformation and growth through the gestational period. Time to cast aside what no longer benefits you, set your intentions on what you do want and let go of all fear! The use of water during pregnancy as a medium for relaxation; or as a wonderful tool during labour, to help ease any discomforts; would be most beneficial during this year which is influenced by the water element. A water birth could also be very strengthening this year for mum and bub if contemplating this.
Whatever good things were started last year have a good chance of being carried over to 2013 and could mean better prospects for us if we are prepared to make the most of what the feng shui elements indicate. Continue to update your knowledge and have the proper cures and enhancers in place where they are needed.
For more in depth information about what 2013 - the year of the water snake holds see:
2013 Year of the Snake - Feng Shui and Chinese Astrology
By Master Simon Wong
at : http://www.fengshuiforbirth.com/other-recommended-products.html